Al Bateen Executive Airport
Named the “Second Best Executive Airport in the World” by European Business Aviation News in 2013, Al Bateen Executive Airport in Abu Dhabi is the only exclusive business aviation airport in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Did you know?
- Al Bateen offers services 24/7
- It has no slot restrictions
- The first airport in the region receiving 3 ISO and OHSAS certifications.
The airport began operations in the 1960s and served as the main international airport in the UAE capital until AUH was opened 32km outside of the city center in 1982. In 1983, ABEA was transformed into a military air base that operated until the end of 2008, when Abu Dhabi Airports took over operations and transformed it into a world class executive facility, providing best in class services to all of its guests.
- Stand capacity for up to 30 private jets;
- Optimum runway length: 3202 meters;
- Fast and efficient turnarounds;
- No holding patterns;
- Short taxiing times;
- Ideal technical and fuel stop location;
- Spacious and secure hangar and apron parking;
- Strategic location in the heart of Abu Dhabi, within reach of major businesses and leisure facilities:
o five minute drive from the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC);
o 15 minute drive from the Yas Island Formula One race track;
o 50 minute drive to Dubai.
To cater for the booming demand in private aviation, the airport is undergoing several infrastructure and service enhancements, including:
- A new VVIP facility- 2200 SQM;
- Apron enhancements;
- Renewal of runway;
- Internal road and landscaping upgrades;
- New fuel farm;
- Terminal and lounge improvements;
- Hangar upgrades;
- Free zone benefits;
- Airfield upgrades, including the acquisition of new equipment, improvements to the terminal, landside access and parking.
- Airside aircraft parking space; and
- New hangars for aircraft parking and maintenance.
The airport’s maintenance and repair facilities will also be upgraded to meet the anticipated surge in demand.
ABEA’s Fixed Base Operations (FBO) service provider, Munawala, brings together all of the requirements for business aviation customers visiting the executive airport, under the management and coordination of a single, highly trained Munawala Customer Service Team.
Munawala offers a full range of competitively priced FBO services through a single point of contact including:
- Professional meet and greet;
- Ground support equipment;
- Fueling services;
- Cabin cleaning;
- Hotel arrangements;
- Limousine services;
- Catering services through on-site catering company Executive Gate Gourmet;
- Meeting and conference facilities;
- Fast and private baggage screening;
- Fast transit time ‘door to door’ for passengers and crew;
- Rapid refueling;
Munawala’s customer services team can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org
The ‘Executive Gourmet’ catering facility, part of Gate Gourmet, provides catering services to meet the tailored requirements of passengers using the airport. The 770sqm on-site kitchen, which is staffed around the clock with highly trained chefs, produces gourmet meals from the highest quality ingredients.
Since 2006 Abu Dhabi Airports has been receiving numerous prestigious awards from prominent international and local organizations in acknowledgement of its operational excellence, as well as marketing, training and corporate responsibility initiatives.