Abu Dhabi International Airport
Currently the second largest airport in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and one of the fastest growing airport hubs globally, Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) serves over 94 destinations in 56 countries.
Did you know?
- Abu Dhabi International Airport celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2012
- The airport has been voted the passenger’s favorite airport in the Middle East
- It is the first 4-star airport in the Middle East
- The second runway is 4.1km long and is CAT IIIB classified
- The airport handles over 16 million passengers annually
- The first airport in the region receiving 3 ISO and OHSAS certifications.
Abu Dhabi International Airport:
- Anticipates over twenty million passengers using it as their origin, destination or transit point for international and domestic flights in the next few years
- Serves as base and hub to Etihad Airways, the fast-growing national flag carrier of the UAE
- Provides a handling capacity of five million passengers per year in Terminal 3 alone. This is this dedicated terminal of Etihad Airways
- Was awarded the Skytrax 4* rating in 2012, becoming the first and only airport in the Middle East to have achieved this
- Was named ‘the Best Airport in the Middle East’ by Airport Council International.
Read more about Abu Dhabi International Airport by visiting the official airport website.
Abu Dhabi Airports has implemented several initiatives that combine great design with technological advances to ensure that all passengers experience world class levels of service and comfort whilst visiting the Capital’s gateway to the world.
Two such examples include the introduction of:
Self-service downtown check-in kiosks
Opened in 2012, four exclusive self-service kiosks at selected hotels within the city now offer passengers the opportunity to check in to their flight, print their boarding passes and tag their bags before leaving their hotel lobby, allowing them to manage their own travel plans conveniently and easily, giving them maximum time to enjoy the city.
Luxury sleeping pods
Abu Dhabi Airports also recently launched an exclusive world first at Abu Dhabi International Airport. The ‘GoSleep’ is a state of the art chair converting into a private flat bed.
Abu Dhabi Duty Free
The award winning Abu Dhabi Duty Free at Abu Dhabi International Airport offers exclusive shopping options and a wide variety of special offers available year-round to passengers.
Its sales revenues showed significant growth in 2013, reaching AED 912.7 million, representing a 13% increase compared to 2012.
This outstanding growth was in part driven by a 12.4 per cent increase in passenger traffic at Abu Dhabi International Airport during 2013,largely driven by increase in the average transaction value from AED 229.6 to AED 248.5 and increase of 8.2%.
Since 2006 Abu Dhabi Airports has been receiving numerous prestigious awards from prominent international and local organizations in acknowledgement of its operational excellence, as well as marketing, training and corporate responsibility initiatives.