Abu Dhabi International Airport
Currently the second largest airport in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and one of the fastest growing airport hubs globally, Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) serves over 102 destinations in 56 countries.
Did you know?
- In 2016, AUH launched the innovative Smart Travel System, the first of its kind in the region, to ease passenger processing and enhance customer experience.
- AUH was voted Airport of the Year for 10-30 million passengers, in 2016, by Air Transport News; and won Best Airport Staff in the Middle East in 2015, and Best Airport in the Middle East in 2014, at the Skytrax Awards.
- AUH was named the first 4-star airport in the Middle East in 2012 and again in 2015.
- AUH is the first airport in the region to receive 3 ISO and OHSAS certifications.
Abu Dhabi International Airport:
- Served over twenty-three million passengers in 2015
- Is the hub for Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE
- Provides a handling capacity of over 12 million passengers per year in Terminal 3 alone, the dedicated terminal for Etihad Airways.
Read more about Abu Dhabi International Airport by visiting the official airport website.
Abu Dhabi Airports has implemented several initiatives that combine great design with technology to ensure that all passengers experience world class levels of service and comfort whilst visiting the capital’s airport.
Examples of such innovations include the introduction of:
Smart Travel System:
The ‘Smart Travel’ system at AUH involves 5-steps:
• Self Check-In
• Self Bag Drop
• E-Border Gate
• Self Boarding
These processes have enhanced the passenger experience by decreasing processing times at the airport by 70%, meaning less time in queues and more time for travelers to enjoy the airport’s retail, leisure and food & beverage facilities.
The AUH library is conveniently located in the link between Terminals 1 and 3, and provides passengers with access to a range of multi-lingual books. It was officially inaugurated in April 2016.
US Pre-clearance Facility:
The US pre-clearance facility, located in Terminal 3, was opened at AUH in early 2014, and won an Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance in the Projects Category. The facility is the first of its kind in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, and one of the few worldwide.
The pre-clearance facility allows passengers traveling to the US to complete US immigration, customs and security clearances before arriving there. Passengers traveling to New York, Washington, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles on flights operated by the national carrier, Etihad Airways, can take advantage of this unique service, and avoid lengthy queues upon arrival in America.
Abu Dhabi Duty Free
Established in 1984, Abu Dhabi Duty Free (ADDF) is responsible for managing all retail, food & beverage, and service operations within Abu Dhabi Airports’ facilities, reaching millions of passengers who arrive, depart or transit through our airports every year.
ADDF sales revenues showed significant growth in 2015, reaching AED 1.5 billion, representing an increase of 10.3% compared to 2014. This outstanding growth was driven by a 17.2% increase in passenger traffic at AUH during 2015.
Since 2006 Abu Dhabi Airports has been receiving numerous prestigious awards from prominent international and local organizations in acknowledgement of its operational excellence, as well as marketing, training and corporate responsibility initiatives.